To import a new product, choose the Search / Import menu item under the ADFW menu. You will be redirected to a page that allows you to choose a store to import products from.
Simply click the “Choose a Store…” item and choose a store. For demonstration purposes, we will try the AliExpress store.
As stated, each store has their own import interface. However there are some general items shared between all of them, such as choosing a keyword, category or a price range. To query the store, fill out at least a keyword and hit the “Search” button. If there are any results, they will be displayed below this panel. Querying the store might take a few seconds, so please be patient. If any error occurs, it will be displayed instead.
It’s worth noting that some of these items are generated based on the settings of your website, or retailer. These settings are:
- Locale. The language used to query the store is set at retailer’s settings page. If this option is set to auto, your website’s locale ( if supported ) will be used. Otherwise, the locale will be set to en_US ( English – United States )
- Currency. Same as locale, it can be set in the retailer’s settings page. if it’s set to auto, and it is supported by the target store, it will be used. Otherwise, the currency will be set to USD ( United States’ Dollar ).
Let’s take a look at a sample query. Here are some results for querying the word “shoe” in the “Shoes (All)” category:
The result screen contains the following information:
- Total results found
- Sale badge and its value ( if on sale )
- Item’s name
- Item’s primary image
- Item’s price, and its discounted value ( if on sale )
- Import button
- Item’s link on the target store
To import the product to your store, click the “IMPORT” button. Importing the product might take a few seconds, based on the options set in the retailer’s settings page. If there are any errors, a notification will appear and display the error. Otherwise, the product will be added to the list of imported products, which will be explained in the next section. After a product is imported, the button will be disabled to prevent duplicate imports.
You can click the “VIEW ON RETAILER” button to view the product on the seller’s website. This will open a new tab.
In case there are more than 1 page of results, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the pagination to view the next pages: